POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : povwin does strange things to other applications : Re: povwin does strange things to other applications Server Time
28 Jun 2024 02:31:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povwin does strange things to other applications
From: Peter Popov
Date: 2 Oct 1998 00:44:04
Message: <36144c04.0@news.povray.org>
I don't know about your system, but mine wakes the computer (or prevents
power-saving mode) if there's HDD activity. If I render something regular,
the saver is not activated at all. If I do a
100000-glass-spheres-with-media-and-radiosity-aa0.0 scene and it takes more
than 15 min pre line, the saver activates and deactivates. My advice is,
turn off your monitor for overnight renders.

Peter